August 31 was a holiday due to the National Heroes Day, in the Philippines.
Since it falls on a Monday, it was fit for a planned escape. Many months prior, I have been eyeing Catigbian Mountainview because of how it looks in pictures from other people's travel. Lush, greens, flowers, semi-forests, and a pool. With two kids, what they have is a perfect combination for us.
So, off we went! What was encouraging about their FB page was the prompt responses. When I said that I would like to book on this specific date, they never asked for an advance payment. That in itself tells me a lot. It was a legitimate page.
I booked for just a night stay there, how I wish we could have stayed longer though. But we were also wishing to go to Gia's birthday the next day, so we cannot stay longer.
From the moment we step on the restaurant, I already know that the owner is a dog-lover. There were statues of dogs within the restaurant. I was in awe, it was overlooking the vast land planted with flowering plants, mainly pink and orange in color, a happy place to watch.
It also has three pools to choose from. A mark says "Healing Pool". I learned later on, that it was because the water has white particles which is in itself - a magnesium, the owner explained.
From the place, we experienced forest-bathing and just be surrounded and calmed by nature. The pool was also contributing to the kids' favorite and happy moments.
I reminded them to always pause, stop and smell the flowers :)
Catigbian Mountainview is located in Purok 7, Mahayag Norte, Catigbian, Bohol.

















No comments:
Post a Comment