Thursday, August 27, 2026

Cabilao Island With These Two ;)

 

This is the first time that I brought my kids at my favorite place Cabilao. I have been to this island many times that I lost count, yes! :)

I'm excited for them, because I initially plan to let them play and soak at the beach to their heart's content, especially at Punta Baluarte. 

But I was in for a shock. The hotels and hostels there are not accepting guests due to the water problem. One owner said that they don't have enough stored rainwater for their guests. Well, what can I do? Sad. 

But I am not the one to easily lose hope. Together with our motorcycle driver, the one that I hired, I told him to take us to Cambaquiz instead to check if there is someone who is willing to take us for the night. And he kept on saying "Ate Mila!". 

Indeed, she took pity on us. Ate Mila shared that she was moved by the kids being with me and my willingness to be a guest even with the water issues. I assured her that we will not bother her with that need as long as we have a bed to sleep on. Instead of her usual Php3,000.00/night, I asked her if she can just give it to me for Php2,000.00/night, given the water problem. Deal! Problem solved :) 

So I gained a friend that day ;) We went to Cambaquiz in the afternoon until 7PM.  We were able to talk to locals from the island until it was time for us to go back to Ate Mila's place. 

 








 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment