Saturday, September 26, 2026

Do You Know "Hilot"?

 

 


 

M texted me that they met an accident on the way home.  They fell on the grassy part of the road, at the town of Dagohoy. 

She mentioned not driving fast but she was very sleepy and she kind of have closed her eyes a bit. I remember, M was on her night shift and she had not had even an hour of sleep before leaving. I learned my lesson. Next time, she should at least sleep even three hours before driving that far.

I was totally in panic but thankful that they were both safe.  No bruises and wounds but Sush said her sides hurt. And a common practice in many provinces in the Philippines is to sought the service of a masseuse, for 'hilot'. This is not for the typical comfort to relax, but the kind to heal. Sometimes because of some dislocated muscles, joints or bones. Sometimes, because of fever. 

I'm not sure of this, but I can also attest that during my childhood years, I have had my share of 'hilot' to recover from fever, or twisted arms. 

Because Sush was complaining of her sides hurting, she was brought to the 'manghihilot' (masseuse).  

Always thankful for Sush's safety.  

No comments:

Post a Comment